ignou post basic b.sc. nursing admission 2018, ignou opennet VII entrance examination, ignou bsc nursing (post basic) (BScN(PB)) admission:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers Post basic B.Sc. Nursing distance learning programme to the learners. It is a three year degree programme for in-service nurses which was launched in July 1994.
It is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (INC). The university has set up Programme Study Centres (PSC’s) at the various locations in India where this course is studied by students. All these PSC’s are recognised by the Indian Nursing Council. One programme Study Centre at Seychelles was also established in 2001-02.
The programme has been revised based on the revised syllabus of INC (2001). The Ignou Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme comprises 108 credits (40 credits in theory and 68 credits in practical).
Medium of instruction : English
Age Limit : There is no maximum age limit for admission.
Ignou Post Basic Nursing Prospectus 2018:
- The students can obtain the B.Sc.N (PB) prospectus for the January 2018 session from the IGNOU Regional Centre by paying a fee of Rs. 1000/- at sales counters in cash.
- The applicants can also request the prospectus via Post from Director (SSC), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 or Regional Centre Concerned. If the candidates request the prospectus via post, they have to pay Rs.50/- extra i.e. they have to make a Demand Draft of Rs.1050/- in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi or City of Regional Centre Concerned.
- The candidates can also download the prospectus or student handbook from the university official website at : www.ignou.ac.in. We have provided the link below to download the soft copy of Ignou Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing prospectus 2018.
- IGNOU OPENET VII Entrance Application Form Submission Last Date– 11th August 2017
- IGNOU OPENNET VII Entrance Date- 24th September 2017
Other Imortant Links :
- Download entrance Application Form
- IGNOU BScN(PB) Assignments
- IGNOU BScN(PB) Term End Exam Form
- IGNOU BScN(PB) Prospectus
- IGNOU BScN(PB) Previous Year Question Papers
Don’t Forget to Subscribe with us for Latest IGNOU Updates.
10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum of two years experience in the profession. . (For male nurses or nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery). OR
10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum of five years experience in the profession. (For male nurses or nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM Programme should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery).
The total programme fee is Rs.45000/- which students need to deposit @Rs. 15,000/- per annum for three years. The fee may vary from time to time. So, we advise the students to consult the IGNOU Regional Centre or latest prospectus for any update. The candidates who are applying for admission to BSCN(PB) has been instructed not to pay the fees along with the filled-in application form. They will be communicated separately about the admission and for payment of programme fee.
The university accept the fee only in the form of Demad Draft drawn in the favour of IGNOU. On the back of Demand Draft, candidate have to mentioned his or her name, address and telephone number to ensure that fee should properly credit to the university account against your registration. The details regarding deposition of programme fee will be informed during notification for counselling
Duration of Programme:
The students have the minimum duration of the three years to complete the programme. However, the university provides the students with flexibility of maximum period of five years to complete all their courses from the date of registration. After the allowed maximum period, the students need to apply for readmission paying the prorata fee for each incomplete course of theory and practical components.