IGNOU MCA Admission 2019
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has designed and developed the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme with the broad objective to provide the graduate students the facility to pursue higher education in the field of computers and information technology.Ignou MCA Admission is offered by the university in January and July academic cycle.
The students can make their productive careers in the software industry and academia by pursuing this discipline. They can also become the successful teachers as well. It also emphasizes the use of software technology to solve mathematical, computing, communications/ networking and commercial problems.
You may be interested in checking Ignou MCA Syllabus & Courses as well.
IGNOU MCA Programme Detail
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has applied the semester system approach.The Ignou MCA has been divided into two semesters per year i.e from January-June and July-December.
Therefore, the examinations will be conducted twice every year – i.e. in the month of June for the January to June Semester courses and the other is December for the July to December semester courses.
The university has provided the freedom to students to appear in any of the examinations conducted by it during the year subject to completing the minimum time frame and other formalities prescribed for the programme.
The details about IGNOU MCA admission has been mentioned below:
- Medium of Instructions: English
- Admission Cycle: This discipline has been offered in both January & July cycle of admissions
- Admission Eligibility: The candidate seeking admission to this programme should be having Bachelor Degree of Minimum 3-year duration from any recognized University and Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or graduation level; else the student is required to pursue and pass the BCS-012 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA.
- Duration: The candidates need to complete the programme in a minimum duration of 3 years and within the maximum duration of 6 years.
- Fee: The candidate seeking admission to Master of Computer Application need to pay Rs.64,800/- for the complete programme which is required to be paid semester wise @Rs.10,800/- per semester. Non-Maths students have to pay Rs.1,200/- additional in the first semester for BCS-012 course. The additional fee charges may apply for Registration. Please Contact Regional Centre for latest fee details as it may vary with the fee mentioned on this website.
- Age: There is no minimum or maximum age bar for admission
The interested candidates can visit their nearest Ignou Regional Centre or Study Centre to obtain the prospectus and get more detailed information about it. The information related to this discipline and admission prospectus can also be found on the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in.
Don’t forget to Subscribe with us for latest updates and also you can share this post on social networking sites.